Becoming a Teacher Post 12th Grade
The phase of a student's life that holds the most significance is when they must make a career decision after completing their 12th grade. It is crucial for them to make informed choices regarding their career path in order to achieve their goals. This applies to those aspiring to become teachers as well. However, in order to make such an important decision, candidates must possess detailed knowledge about the process of becoming a teacher after the 12th grade. The following article provides a comprehensive explanation of the eligibility criteria and other requirements for pursuing a teaching career after completing the 12th grade.
Explore Career Options After Qualifying BEd
Teaching Courses to Consider After 12th Grade
Upon completing their 12th grade in India, there are several teaching courses available for candidates aspiring to become teachers. They must determine which teaching course they wish to pursue in order to possess the necessary qualifications when applying for Teaching Jobs.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.): B.Ed. is the most prevalent and preferred course for individuals aspiring to become teachers in India. It is a 2-year undergraduate program that focuses on teaching methodologies, educational psychology, subject-specific pedagogy, and practical training. To be eligible for B.Ed., it is generally required to have completed the 12th grade or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
Is a B.Ed. Degree Necessary to Appear for CTET?
- Diploma in Education (D.Ed.): D.Ed. is a diploma course in education that primarily focuses on teacher training. It is a 2-year program that imparts knowledge and skills related to teaching techniques, classroom management, child psychology, and curriculum development. Various state-level institutes offer D.Ed. programs, and completion of the 12th grade is generally a prerequisite.
- Integrated B.A. B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed.: These integrated courses combine a Bachelor's degree in Arts (B.A.) or Science (B.Sc.) with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree. The duration of these programs is 4-5 years and they provide both subject-specific knowledge and teacher training. Upon completion of the integrated program, individuals become eligible to teach at the secondary or higher secondary level.
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.): D.El.Ed. is a diploma course specifically designed for elementary school teachers. It focuses on teaching techniques, child development, classroom management, and subject-specific pedagogy for primary school education. The typical duration of this course is 2 years.
Explore Career Opportunities After DELEd Course
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.): B.El.Ed. is a 4-year undergraduate program that prepares teachers for primary and elementary levels. It combines both subject-specific knowledge and teacher training. B.El.Ed. programs cover subjects such as language, mathematics, environmental studies, and pedagogy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education (B.P.Ed.): Individuals interested in teaching physical education or becoming sports teachers can pursue a B.P.Ed. program. It is a 3-4 year undergraduate course that focuses on physical education, sports science, coaching techniques, and fitness training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education: Those with an interest in teaching students with special needs can opt for a Bachelor's degree in Special Education. This program prepares teachers to work with children who have disabilities such as visual impairment, hearing impairment, intellectual disabilities, or learning disabilities. Special Education programs are offered in various specializations like visual impairment, hearing impairment, and intellectual disabilities.
Is a B.Ed Qualified Candidate Eligible for KVS PRT Recruitment Exam 2023?
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For