Cancelling Your HDFC Credit Card: A Step-by-Step Guide
Credit card holders often learn the hard way that keeping their accounts in good standing takes time and effort. They may also be so accustomed to paying with their debit card or cash that they occasionally forego using their credit card. There are times when cardholders wish to switch to a different card that better meets their financial requirements. When this occurs, cardholders should stop using the card and cancel or close it.
HDFC's policy for canceling or deactivating a credit card follows industry standards. It usually takes the bank 7-10 business days to cancel a credit card after the cardholder makes the request. It's easy for a cardholder to cancel their HDFC credit card. Here are some suggestions on how to proceed:
Instructions for Deactivating Your HDFC Credit Card
The following are the options available to HDFC credit cardholders for canceling their accounts:
- Cancelling an HDFC Bank credit card is as simple as calling the bank's toll-free cancellation hotline: 61606161/6160616. To reach the appropriate local customer service department, please prefix the given number with your area code.
- Credit Card Cancellation Forms are available for download at www. hdfcbank Join up with com and load it up with content They can then mail it to HDFC Bank Credit Cards Manager, PO Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai 600041 once it's been filled out. They can also contact the corporate office manager by writing to the same address. The cardholder's name, address, phone number, and expiration date must all be included. However, they must keep private information like the card's CVV and PIN number to themselves.
- After canceling a credit card, the cardholder must make a diagonal cut through the front of the card. They should also know that the supplementary cards they've applied for will be cancelled as soon as the primary card is closed or cancelled.
What to Keep in Mind Before Deactivating Your HDFC Credit Card
Cardholders have the right to cancel or deactivate their HDFC credit card at any time, but there are a few things they should double-check before doing so. What follows is a rundown of the steps a cardholder must take in order to cancel an HDFC credit card account:
- Credit card cancellation requires full payment of any and all credit card balances or EMIs owed by the cardholder. If they start the cancellation process before paying off the balance or settling the EMIs, the bank will contact them via the phone number or email address on file.
- Credit Card Cancellation and Rewards Point Redemption Always check your reward point balance before canceling your credit card. The bank's rewards catalogue is stocked with tempting items that they can acquire with their accumulated points. In addition, they can cash in these points for substantial savings on a variety of other goods and services.
- You shouldn't use your credit card right before closing it: If you use your credit card right before closing it, the bank won't cancel it. When the balances of credit cards scheduled for cancellation reach zero, the cancellation process is halted. Once the current debts are settled, the bank will proceed.
- Before canceling a credit card, it's important for cardholders to check the most recent statement to ensure that their card has not been used fraudulently. Once the bank has terminated the card per their request, they must also destroy it by cutting it in half diagonally.
Does the Cardholder's Credit Score Take a Hit When a Credit Card Is Closed or Deleted?
Only if the cardholder has multiple cards and uses them all regularly will the cancellation or closure of one card have an impact on their CIBIL score. In this case, canceling a credit card would result in a lower available credit and a higher credit usage percentage. The cardholder's credit information bureau (CIBIL) score may suffer as a result. However, canceling a credit card might not be the best idea if the cardholder has no other way to establish credit or raise their CIBIL score.
How to Reopen an Inactive HDFC Credit Account
Credit card account reactivation applications are available for download at www. hdfcbank com They can then mail it to HDFC Bank Cards Division at P.O. Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai 600041 once it is complete. When the bank receives your completed paperwork and confirms your identity, they will reactivate your deactivated card.
- How do I terminate my HDFC credit card account?
Call HDFC Bank's credit card customer service at 61606161 or 61606161#0#0#0 to cancel your card. To reach the appropriate municipal agency, prefix the given number with the area code where you are located.
You can cancel your HDFC Bank credit card by visiting any branch in person or by using the bank's online banking service to download and complete a Credit Card Closure Form.
- The HDFC credit card I have, how do I cancel it online?
HDFC Bank credit cards can be cancelled online. Here are the measures to take:
- Go online and access your HDFC Bank account.
- Select Credit Cards, then on the left side select Credit Card Hotlisting. You'll see a rundown of all the Credit Cards you've added to NetBanking.
- To create a "hot list," enter the credit card number.
- Include a justification for credit card hotlisting.
After that, the card will be blacklisted and rendered useless for future purchases.In what ways can I stop using my credit card?
Simply calling HDFC Bank's customer service line or downloading and filling out the credit card closure form and mailing it to Manager, HDFC Bank Credit Cards, PO Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai - 600041 will cancel your credit card. Using your HDFC Bank Netbanking account, you can cancel your credit card or add it to a "hot list"When I cancel my credit card, what will happen?
When you cancel your credit card, you can no longer use it for any future purchases. The monthly credit card statement and any fees that need to be paid will be sent from the bank. Prior to the credit card being closed or cancelled, all balances must be paid in full. Rewards that have not been redeemed are cancelled and cannot be used in the future. Closing a credit card can lower your credit score if you have more than one card and use them all regularly.Is there a way to cancel a credit card without damaging my credit rating?
When a person has more than one credit card and uses them all, it can lower their credit score if they close one of the accounts. If you close a credit card account, you reduce your available credit and raise your credit utilization ratio, both of which are bad for your credit score. If you want to stop using a credit card, you should stop using the one you got most recently and the one with the lowest credit limit first. Further, prior to closing the credit card account, all fees must be paid in full.
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For