Changing/Updating Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online: A Step-by-Step Guide Without OTP
Aadhaar, a 12-digit distinctive identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is available to all individuals residing in India regardless of age or gender. Enrolling for an Aadhaar number is a free one-time process that captures important demographic and biometric data.
Aadhaar has emerged as a reliable means of verifying identity by using innovative and transparent techniques such as fingerprint and iris scans. All necessary data is securely stored in a centralized UIDAI warehouse. During enrollment, it is mandatory to provide a valid contact number or email address, which will be permanently linked to your Aadhaar card. While providing a mobile number is not mandatory, it is highly recommended for accessing online services and benefits offered by Aadhaar.
Updating or adding your mobile number is crucial as it ensures you receive important messages and announcements related to your Aadhaar card. This is especially important for completing the KYC verification process required by banks and insurance companies.
In the following section, we will explain in detail why updating your mobile number is necessary. We will also guide you through the process of updating or adding a mobile number to your Aadhaar card without the need for OTP verification.
Here are the key reasons why updating or adding your mobile number is important:
- The Income Tax Department requires you to link your Aadhaar number with your PAN. If the names on your Aadhaar and PAN match perfectly, no OTP is needed. However, if there is a discrepancy, you will need to verify your Aadhaar using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- If you wish to file your income tax return online without any paperwork, you will need to authenticate your Aadhaar using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- The Indian government is implementing a system to link Aadhaar numbers with mobile numbers. Telecom service providers will need to integrate phone numbers with Aadhaar through an e-KYC process.
- Updating your latest mobile number with the Aadhaar database is essential for completing the necessary e-KYC procedures.
- Linking your Aadhaar to your PF account will streamline PF withdrawal and other related services provided by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). This requires providing your mobile number.
- Aadhaar is used for various government and non-government services, including subsidies, pensions, benefits, scholarships, banking services, healthcare insurance, education, taxation, employment, etc. It is crucial to ensure that your Aadhaar data, including your mobile number, is accurate and up-to-date in the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR).
Having a registered mobile number is essential for accessing Aadhaar Online Services. You can verify your mobile number by confirming the same number provided during enrollment or the most recent Aadhaar update.
If you did not provide a registered mobile number during Aadhaar enrollment, you must visit a Permanent Enrollment Center to register it in your Aadhaar record.
UIDAI offers the facility of Aadhaar mobile number verification, which allows you to easily confirm your mobile number. Please note that before verifying your mobile number, it must be registered in your Aadhaar record at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
Let us now discover the following course of action:
1. Go to the official website of UIDAI by accessing the link: "https://uidai.gov.in/"
2. On the homepage, navigate to the "My Aadhaar" section, and select "Aadhaar Services" followed by "Verify Email/ Mobile Number".
Fill in the required information as follows:
1. Input your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the designated field.
2. Enter your mobile number in the provided space.
Complete the verification process by:
1. Successfully passing the security code and captcha verification.
2. Receiving a One-Time Password (OTP).
3. Carefully entering the received OTP and clicking on "Verify OTP" followed by "Submit".
4. Upon successful authentication, you will receive a message stating, "Your mobile number is successfully verified".
If you do not have your registered cell number or wish to add/update an alternate mobile number, follow these steps:
1. Visit the website "https://uidai.gov.in" or "https://resident.uidai.gov.in".
2. Select the option "Aadhaar Card" Service.
3. Provide your 12-digit Aadhaar Number, UID, VID (16-digit Virtual Identification Number), or EID (28-digit Enrolment ID).
4. Complete the security code requirement.
5. Check the box labeled "If you do not have a registered mobile number".
6. Input your non-registered or alternate mobile number.
7. Click on "Send OTP".
8. Acknowledge the "Terms and Conditions" by selecting the appropriate checkbox.
9. Click on "Submit" to complete the OTP or TOTP verification.
10. On the subsequent page, authenticate your Aadhaar details before proceeding with the reprint order.
11. Select the option "Make payment" to be redirected to the Payment Gateway.
12. Once the payment is made, a receipt with a digital signature will be generated in PDF format. You will also receive a Service Request Number via SMS.
13. Monitor the status of the SRN until the dispatch of your Aadhaar Letter through the "Check Aadhaar Card Status" option.
14. You will receive an SMS with the AWB number once the Aadhaar Letter is dispatched from the Department of Post (DoP). You can also track the delivery status on the official DoP website.
If you have lost your mobile number or no longer possess the same mobile number registered in Aadhaar, you must physically visit the nearest Aadhaar update center for mobile number updation. Please note that updating or adding a mobile number through post or online methods is not permitted in this case.
It is crucial to register your mobile number with your Aadhaar card. Once registered, you must verify your registered mobile number by visiting the UIDAI official website. All online services provided by UIDAI require OTP verification, which is sent exclusively to registered mobile numbers. Service providers utilize Aadhaar for verification purposes, necessitating the use of registered mobile numbers to complete transactions. Lastly, ensuring that the rightful beneficiary receives the intended benefit or performs any transaction while preventing fraudulent activities is of utmost importance.
Having understood the procedure for modifying mobile numbers in the aadhar card without the need for OTP and being aware of the circumstances where OTP is indeed necessary, as well as comprehending the significance of maintaining a registered mobile number in the Aadhaar records, it is strongly recommended that you proceed to include or revise your mobile number. By doing so, you will gain access to the complete range of advantages associated with possessing an Aadhaar card, and you will not overlook any vital notifications.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For