Downloading Your Aadhar Card Even If You Don't Have a Mobile Phone Number - Detailed Instructions
The Aadhaar Card is a new process for obtaining additional identification for Indian citizens. As a part of its "Digital India" program, the Indian government has launched this effort to establish a single location where citizens can apply for and receive a unique identification number known as an Aadhaar card. Besides serving as proof of identity, the Aadhaar card was designed with a number of other goals in mind. The average person will be able to access more services, social benefits, and subsidies if he or she has an aadhaar card. Let's take a closer look at what an Aadhaar card is and what information it holds.
Explain the Aadhaar card and its function.
UIDAI, or the Unique Identification Authority of India, issues Aadhaar Cards to every resident of India. These cards contain a person's biometric and demographic information and are used for authentication. The Aadhaar card is now the most reliable and widely accepted form of identification as an Indian citizen. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made it possible to have this card both in physical and digital (e-Aadhaar) form. In the following paragraph, we'll get a quick primer on e-Aadhaar to help us get up to speed.
A modern identity document, e-Aadhaar
Digitally signed by the appropriate UIDAI Authority, an e-Aadhaar is a secure electronic version of a physical Aadhaar. A physical Aadhaar card's biometric and demographic information are reproduced exactly on this electronic version.
In order to get a better grasp on what an e-Aadhaar card is and how it works, we'll be discussing a few key features.
A quick rundown of the e-Aadhaar and Aadhaar download processes
Your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar card download will go smoothly from the UIDAI website onto your computer. Below, you can see the three ways you can access your e-Aadhaar: with your Aadhaar number, with your Enrolment ID, or EID, and with a Virtual ID, or VID. To obtain your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar, visit the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/, click "My Aadhaar," and then click "Download Aadhaar."
Though it's not required, having your phone number associated with your Aadhaar card is crucial. Your registered phone number is the one you provided to Aadhaar when you signed up for the program or when you went in for a correction or update. Nonetheless, in all three of the aforementioned methods of downloading your Aadhaar, you will be required to obtain a One-Time Password or OTP that will be shared and auto-filled through your registered mobile number. Provide your email and mobile number to receive multiple notifications about the progress of your Aadhaar application. Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment or Update Centre to add your mobile number to your Aadhaar if you haven't already.
From this, the question of whether or not you can download your Aadhaar card without a mobile phone number arises. Let's examine this question from all angles by looking at the examples below.
An individual's E-Aadhaar can only be downloaded after providing a valid mobile phone number.
As was previously mentioned, giving out your cell phone number is optional. The only time you'll need to provide your phone number is when you're downloading your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar from the government's website or using the m-Aadhaar app on your mobile device. then your Aadhaar card and mobile phone number must be linked. E-Aadhaar can only be obtained by those who have a valid mobile phone number on file with the government. It's also important to have your cell number registered with Aadhaar because many service providers use one-time passwords (OTPs) to authenticate and verify your Aadhaar number before allowing you to complete any transactions. Therefore, in order to use any of the Aadhaar card's online features, you must first register your mobile phone number.
How to get your Aadhaar card even if you don't have the registered phone number
Here are the measures to take to obtain your Aadhaar card even if you don't have a mobile phone number on file.
- See https://uidai.gov.in/ for more information about UIDAI.
- Choose "My Aadhaar" from the homepage menu.
- To reprint your Aadhaar card, go to "My Aadhaar" and select "Order Aadhaar Reprint."
- Please provide either your 16-digit Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 12-digit Unique Identification Number (UID) in the spaces provided below.
- Next, enter the security code after you've done the above.
- If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar, mark the box labeled "My Mobile number is not registered."
- Type in your backup or a mobile number that is not associated with your account.
- Choose the "Send OTP" menu item.
- In the following window, select the "Terms and Conditions" checkbox.
Please take note that the terms and conditions can be found at the aforementioned link.
- Select "Submit" to finish OTP or TOTP authentication.
- Please review the "Preview Aadhaar Letter" screen as shown below for your records before submitting a reprint request.
- As soon as you select the "Make payment" button, you'll be taken to a Payment Gateway page where you can finish the transaction using the banking method of your choosing.
- Following a successful transaction, a PDF receipt bearing your digital signature will be generated and made available for download. Through short message service (SMS), you will receive a Service Request Number (SRN).
- Until your Aadhaar Letter is sent, you can check the status of your SRN here.
As displayed below, you can "Check Aadhaar Request Status."
- Moreover, the Directorate of Printing (DoP) website (Http://dop.nic.in/) allows you to monitor your package's progress.
If you have forgotten your One-Time Password but need to download your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar, here's how:
Here are the instances in which you won't need an OTP to download your Aadhaar:
- Your Aadhaar card must be collected in person from the enrolment center if you did not provide a mobile phone number at the time of enrollment.
- If the mobile number you have on file is no longer in service, you'll need to enter your new number. The following section serves as a guide for the revision process.
Where to find instructions on changing or adding a mobile phone number
Now that you know how to get a copy of your Aadhaar card even if you don't have the requisite phone number on file, you should also be aware of the steps required to add or change that number. Read on for a breakdown of the procedures:
- Visit the UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/), where you can schedule an appointment and find out where the closest Aadhaar Enrollment Center is to your current location by entering your address.
- Input your new cell phone number into the form provided for such purposes.
- Information you provide will be verified by the appropriate officer. Your biometric information, like fingerprints, will be used to verify your identity and authenticate the update, and you'll receive an update request number (URN) as confirmation of submission.
Considering the many online benefits you will receive for your Aadhaar, as well as the other services provided by a variety of service providers, it is crucial that you register your mobile number. Also, now that we know how to get an Aadhaar card even without a phone, we can do so
When the big picture of having a registered mobile number is taken into account As of right now, you need to link your phone number to your Aadhaar card.
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For