Eligibility, Age Restriction, Requirements, and Training for RAW in India in 2022
The RAW recruits new officers and operatives in a number of different ways. RAW in India (Group-A IAS, IPS, IRS, and IFS Officers) recruits from those who have passed the UPSC Civil Services Exam. RAW uses various methods to recruit its agents and officers. RAW's many roles include providing advice to Indian policymakers, leading counterterrorism and counterproliferation operations, gathering foreign intelligence, and advancing India's foreign policy. The first Secretary of RAW was Rameshwar Nath Kao. New Delhi, India is also home to RAW's headquarters. RAW is currently headed by Samant Goel.
The Full Form of RAW
The Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is the Indian intelligence agency responsible for gathering information about foreign countries. The 21st of September, 1968 saw its inception. RAW's mission is to collect information about foreign countries, especially those in close proximity to India, in order to prevent immediate threats to India, develop appropriate policies in response, forge international ties, and do much more besides. RAW is also responsible for the covert destruction of any foreign power or terrorist group that poses a threat to India.
The Indian Prime Minister delegates authority over RAW to the Cabinet Secretary. RAW is an independent group that operates outside of normal parliamentary oversight. Operation Kahuta, Operation Meghdoot, Operation Cactus, Operation Leech, Operation Snatch, Operation Chanakya, etc. are just a few of the many missions RAW has carried out, and they are all well-known to the general public.
The table below provides an overview of RAW in India:
Identify the Division
Department of Research and Analysis
Typically Referred to As
Missions of espionage are necessary to ensure India's safety.
Takes charge of by
Governmental Project Management Office
Current Head of RAW
S. Goel Samant
Those Who Have at Least the Barest Necess
Completion of an Accredited University Program
Eligibility for the RAW
It is difficult work to be a RAW agent. Applicants must be in sound mental and physical health. Below is a comprehensive rundown of all the criteria that must be met by a RAW officer, including nationality, age limit, education level, and work experience:
Requirements for Admission to RAW
Qualifications in Education
In addition to having experience working for a reputable company or school, candidates are sometimes required to be fluent in a second language.
Applicants must be of Indian descent and have a clean criminal record.
Minimum Age Requirement
Ideal applicants should be younger than 56, but this is not a hard and fast rule.
Capabilities in the Workplace
Candidates with more than 20 years of experience are preferred.
In addition to meeting other criteria, the aspirant must be a citizen of India. Neither drug addiction nor a criminal record should disqualify a candidate.
The Duties of RAW
Multiple responsibilities fall on the shoulders of a RAW Agent. The following are examples of some of RAW's most important duties:
- Monitoring international developments in politics, military, economics, and science that have an impact on India's national security and foreign policy development
- Influencing public opinion around the world and international governments
- Modifications to operations are needed to safeguard India's national interests.
- Protecting India from terrorist attacks and destroying terrorist organizations is a top priority for the Indian government.
Instructions for Signing Up for RAW
All the information you need to join RAW-
- In the beginning, RAW relied primarily on privately hired trained intelligence agents.
- Candidates are primarily recruited through officers in the Indian Police, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Armed Forces.
- When RAW began directly recruiting recent graduates,
- Class I executive positions are filled by Civil Services Officers who have completed the Foundation Course at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration.
- At the end of each course, RAW conducts an interview on campus.
- Successful completion of a battery of psychological tests and an interview is required for candidates to be accepted into RAW for a fixed period of time.
Gaining Further Information About - Preparing for the UPSC Examination.
The RAW Agent Training Manual
The RAW agents' primary mission is to keep an eye on foreign countries that threaten India's security and international policy. Following are some of the things one can do to join RAW:
- The first step in joining RAW is being selected for a position in one of the most elite branches of government, such as the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Police Service (IPS), the Intelligence Service (IS), or the Armed Forces. These days, RAW agents are often selected from among those who have already completed basic training. RAW conducts an interview and test to determine if a candidate is mentally fit for the role. Military officers may be promoted through lateral deputation if they demonstrate the necessary skills and aptitudes.
- Agents for RAW are typically recruited from the armed forces or the civilian sector, but recently, officials have begun allowing agents to enter the organization directly through educational institutions. Analyst, Stenographer, Clerk, Accountant, etc. are all RAW jobs. Secret Service Members Aren't the Only People Who Can Keep a Secret
- After being selected for the position, you will be required to take and pass a comprehensive national aptitude exam covering areas of intelligence, as well as psychological and personality tests, and then you will be interviewed.
The Next Steps in the Process
- You shouldn't have held any lucrative positions prior to being hired. You need to resign from your current job immediately. When you resign, you'll be sent to a training program. If you truly want to serve your country, however, you'll need to step down from your current position.
- Start with the ten-day, introductory program in Delhi for some basic instruction, but keep in mind that it's just the beginning. In this program, you can learn a variety of languages, as well as how to protect sensitive data, use industry-standard procedures, comprehend scientific concepts, etc. The Israeli MOSSAD, the Russian KGB, the Australian ASIS, and the Pakistani ISI are just a few of the intelligence agencies whose case studies you will need to solve.
- Extensive Training: Once you've finished your initial boot camp, you'll be sent to the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun for further education. Training terms last anywhere from one to two years, and they're packed with real-world scenarios.
- After enduring the rigorous training, you have earned your appointment to RAW.
Articles Related to
Where do Rookie Police Officers Come From?
Below is a breakdown of the steps required to hire and recruit RAW officers.
- Class 1 Executive Level positions are filled directly from the Foundation course at the Lala Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, with the help of the Recruitment and Appointment Service (RAS).
- At the end of the semester, RAW conducts an on-campus interview with each student.
- To determine who will serve for a year, candidates are put through a series of interviews and a psychological screening.
- During this time, they are free to enlist with their home country's armed forces if they so choose.
- After a year, however, they are added to the RAW (Research and Analysis Workforce) permanently.
- Another method of recruitment utilized by the Indian Armed Forces is lateral deputation from the officer corps.
- A number of officers in the Civil and Defense Services have defected to RAS.
Employing Individuals Via a Uniform Method
Before being selected as RAW officers, public servants must complete a basic course at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration. RAW interviews potential hires after administering a battery of psychological tests. The chosen candidates start their one-year employment at RAW.
A RAW agent's salary can change for a variety of reasons, such as their level of expertise, the nature of their work, how long they've been with the company, and so on. The average monthly salary of a Grade A official ranges from Rs 80,000 to Rs 1,550,000.
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For