Porting Jio to Airtel: A Guide for Prepaid and Postpaid Users
The competition among mobile network service providers has experienced significant growth in recent times. The entrance of Jio mobile network into the market created quite a splash with its free SIM and unlimited calls. However, customers now enjoy similar benefits from other service providers as well.
In India's Telecom sector, customers have the option to port their SIM from one provider to another using the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service. This allows them to keep the same number while changing their service provider. If you wish to port your Jio number to Airtel, you can easily do so using this service.
In this blog post, we will provide you with all the necessary details on how to port from Jio to Airtel.
How to Transfer from Jio to Airtel?Today, it is hassle-free to transfer your current number to another network through the Mobile Number Portability service. There are simple methods that allow you to request the transfer via SMS, making it easy to port from Jio to Airtel. We have outlined all the necessary steps involved in this process below.
Methods for Porting Jio to Airtel NumberThere are several methods to port your Jio number to Airtel, as listed below.
Send an SMS to 1900This section of the blog will address your query on how to send a port message from Jio to convert it to the Airtel network. Follow the steps below:
Visit the Nearest Airtel Store
- Find the nearest Airtel store for further instructions.
- The customer care executive will require your UPC to initiate the porting request.
Provide Required Documents
- You need to provide identification and address proof documents.
- Carry two passport size photographs along with the documents.
New Airtel SIM Card will be Issued
- The customer executive will conduct the mandatory eKYC verification process.
- You will be handed the new Airtel SIM card or it will be delivered to you.
- The SIM card will be activated within a few days.
Porting Jio to Airtel for Prepaid UsersAll prepaid Jio numbers can be easily transferred to the Airtel network by following the steps mentioned above. If you currently use a Jio prepaid number, wait for your plan to expire before changing your Jio number to Airtel. Similarly, the process for porting a Vodafone number to Jio requires similar steps. Feel free to contact customer care if you have any queries regarding this process.
Porting Jio to Airtel for Postpaid UsersThe porting process from Jio to Airtel for postpaid users involves similar steps. However, it is important to ensure that all your bills are paid up to date. You will need to provide your latest bill receipt for KYC verification. We recommend initiating the porting process towards the end of your payment cycle to avoid any inconvenience.
How Long Does it Take to Port from Jio to Airtel SIM?Generally, the entire porting process takes around 3-7 days after submitting the request. Therefore, converting your Jio number to Airtel will also take approximately 7 days, depending on certain conditions. Let's take a look at different situations that determine the duration of the porting process:
- If your Jio to Airtel number change is within the same telecom circle, it will take around 3-5 working days.
- If you are porting your Jio number to Airtel for other telecom circles, the process will take 7 days.
- If you have applied for porting within or outside J&K circle and North Eastern states, it will take around 15 days.
How to Ensure a Successful Port from Jio to Airtel?If you are wondering how to check if your port from Jio to Airtel was successful, this section will provide you with methods to verify the transfer.
The process of transferring your mobile number from Jio to Airtel is straightforward and uncomplicated. In the previous sections, you learned about the steps to follow when applying for SIM porting. Once you have submitted the application for Mobile Number Portability (MNP), you will receive a notification on the alternate number you provided.
This notification contains a verification code that you need to verify by inserting the new Airtel SIM card into your phone and calling 59059. Follow the prompts to verify the code received on your alternate number. Once verified, you can start using your new Airtel number and dispose of the old Jio SIM card.
Using the same method, you can also transfer your Vodafone number to the Airtel network.
Are you eligible for the porting process? To apply for Jio to Airtel porting, you only need to meet one criterion, which is being a Jio user for at least three months or 90 days. Through the MNP services, you can easily switch your number from Jio to Airtel.
For the MNP process from Jio to Airtel, certain documents are required to identify and validate the customer. KYC (Know Your Customer) or eKYC is necessary for the porting process. The customer care executive will accept specific documents to proceed with the process. Here is a list of documents you can carry when visiting the Airtel store:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving Licence
- Two passport size photographs
- Monthly bill receipt (for Postpaid customers)
What is the Unique Porting Code (UPC)? The Unique Porting Code (UPC) is a verification code that is sent to subscribers after they apply for Mobile Number Portability services. When you visit the store, the customer care executive will ask for the UPC to continue with the process. The UPC is valid for five days from the day it is generated and can only be used once at one Airtel store.
If the code expires within five days, you will need to reapply. In such cases, new application requests will be made, and a new UPC will be generated to port your number from Jio to Airtel.
In conclusion, thanks to TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India), switching mobile networks has become easier through the provision of MNP services. The process requires submitting an application, which initiates the SIM change.
We have provided a detailed method for porting from Jio to Airtel, including specific requirements for both prepaid and postpaid Jio customers. For more information on the porting process, please refer to our blog.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Is it possible to port Jio to Airtel online?
- Yes, you can port your Jio number to Airtel online through the official Airtel website. Visit the website, select either the Postpaid or Prepaid tab on the homepage, proceed to the porting section, and fill out the doorstep KYC form. Select your desired plans, generate the UPC verification code, and have the SIM delivered to your doorstep.
2. How much does it cost to port from Jio to Airtel?
- The porting fees for transferring from Jio to Airtel is Rs 6.46 per conversion.
3. Can I transfer my Jio SIM to another network?
- Yes, you can transfer your Jio SIM to another network by typing "PORT" followed by your Jio mobile number and sending it to 1900. Please refer to our blog for a detailed explanation of each step involved.
4. Is porting to Jio free?
- No, there are porting charges associated with transferring to Jio, which amount to approximately ₹6.46 per conversion.
5. How can I transfer my SIM card to a different network?
Delve into the comprehensive blog post to unveil the procedure for converting your Jio SIM card to Airtel. The same series of steps is applicable when porting other SIM numbers too.
10th Grade Science: Life Processes with Complimentary Ncert Solutions 2023-07-25 00:51:45
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a structural modification, forming villi, which are finger-like projections. These villi serve to increase the surface area for the absorption of digested food. Furthermore, they have a high vascularity, meaning they are well-supplied
Creating a Lovely and Simple Homemade Rakhi 2023-07-25 00:50:08
Creating Your Own Homemade RakhiThe glimmer in your eyes and the fervent desires in your heart paint a clear picture: you're filled with ideas for surprising your loved ones on Raksha Bandhan! Are you aware of what that entails? It means that Raksha Bandhan is fast approaching, leaving us with limited
10th Grade Science Life Processes: Access Ncert Solutions for Free 2023-07-25 00:03:33
Solution: The inner lining of the small intestine undergoes a transformation into tiny finger-like projections known as villi that enhance the surface area for the absorption of digested food. These villi are abundantly supplied with blood vessels, making them highly vascularized. Additionally,
10 Years - Information on Wikipedia 2023-07-24 02:56:26
A decade, which comes from the Ancient Greek word δεκάς (dekas) meaning 'a group of ten', is a span of ten years. Decades can refer to any period of ten years, whether it is someone's lifespan or a specific grouping of calendar years.Usage:Any period of ten years is considered a "decade". For